Favorite Quote



I'm not saying that everything is survivable, just that everything except the last thing is.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Dreams

I have a dream...
Dream: a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.


This is not the kind of dream I'm talking about though, I am indeed using the adjective form of dream just like Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dream: (adj.) a strong desire


My dream is to one day be on Broadway.
Yes, my dream is very far fetched and seems almost unreachable. BUT I'M GOING TO ACHIEVE IT!


I am currently in my second year of college at SUU studying Musical Theatre.
Musical Theatre is my passion in life.  I chose it as my major because I honestly feel as if I would never be happy doing anything else in life, which is sad, but true.  I would live an absolutely miserable life if I had to have a desk job.
(unless that desk job was writing, because I've secretly always wanted to be a writer, but I lack the commitment or imagination)


At the end of last year I auditioned for the BFA... I didn't make it and I was totally bummed and cried myself to sleep, but eventually I got over it.
I talked to all the professors and they all thought I had an extremely good audition but they wanted to see my progress for one more year before deciding, so I'm auditioning again at the end of this year.  I really hope I make it, because if I don't I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my life.  I know that out in the real world of Theatre the directors don't base things off of whether you have a BFA or just a BA, but I still really want the BFA.  Plus if I don't make it I sort of feel like it's going to crush my confidence... if I can't even make the BFA program at SUU then how in any possible way could I ever be on Broadway.
So I have a lot of pressure on me this year.  I have to get to know the Theatre Department faculty even more, I have to keep getting my good grades, I have to improve on my acting and singing, and I have to somehow make an impression on the faculty so they want me in the BFA program.
I am also the woman understudy for the musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change."  So I get to learn every single woman song, every woman line, and every woman dance, and then try and keep them straight between each different girl in the show.
I have a lot on my plate.


I have confidence though!  I will get good grades (mostly because I refuse to settle for anything less than a B+ and even then that's still not good enough, and also because my parents expect me to get the grades I need to keep my academic scholarship), I will take a class from Richard Bugg (because he's the only faculty member who I have yet to take a class from and get to know), I will improve on my singing (I am taking a private voice lesson with a teacher who actually seems to know what she's talking about), and I am going to do everything I can to be the BEST understudy that Anthony has ever had for a show.


My dreams will come true because I will make them happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment