Favorite Quote



I'm not saying that everything is survivable, just that everything except the last thing is.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Awkward Date

This last Sunday Kenna and I taught a short lesson on dating to the priesthood.  I had been asked to teach this lesson last semester by the bishopric but never got around to it, so they had us teach it at the beginning of this semester.  It was absolutely terrifying!  We did manage to get through it though, I even got a lot of laughs from the guys which made me feel a ton better.  Anyway, that night I was sitting at home watching The Sasquatch Gang, a movie that Ethan recommended (and was totally awesome!), with McKenna when I got a text message from a guy named Wes.  He asked me what I was doing this week and then asked if I wanted to go on a date Monday night.

I had never even met this kid, but he was in my ward so I accepted (even though I was a little put off by the fact that he asked me through text instead of asking me in person or at least calling.)  Our plan was to meet up at FHE to play volleyball and then go out for ice cream afterwards.  So that's what we did, and the first hour that we were at the church playing volleyball I felt terrible!  I had absolutely nothing to say to this kid, I didn't know anything about him, and he wasn't making any effort to talk to me either.  So I just threw myself into the game instead.  When FHE was over he asked me if Dairy Queen was a good place to go.  Obviously I had no objections to any kind of ice cream so I said it was just fine.

Luckily we made some good conversation in the car and at Dairy Queen.  We got to know each other more and we talked a lot about school.  He even asked if we could go on a walk when we finished our ice cream, of course being the nice person I am I said of course instead of the "No, I have a HUGE load of homework I need to get done." (which I honestly did have! I ended up staying up till 1:00 am doing an Aural skills assignment)  So we went for a walk across campus and eventually wandered back to my building where we said goodbye and he asked what his chances were for a second date.

That's where I stumbled, it's not that I don't like Wes, it's just that I would never seriously date him.  He could potentially be a great friend, I just don't think I could ever like him in that way.  I still said yes to the second date though!  I would never be so rude as to say no, but now I feel guilty like I'm leading him on or something.  I'm not entirely sure what to do.  Our second date won't even be till sometime next month because I told him I was way busy with ACTF (which is completely true!  I've got rehearsals almost every night!) so we decided we'd just see each other in church and figure something out then.

So that was my awesome awkward date!  I really hope that I don't eventually have to tell Wes that I don't want anything serious with him.  I guess we'll just see what happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment